Position: Digital Producer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (full time)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Reporting to: Director
We are seeking a talented Digital Producer to join Wysing at an exciting time; when we will be significantly increasing digital activity. Our 2020 programme will put broadcasting at its centre and we are looking for someone with strong digital skills to join our programme team to help us deliver this work, and to ensure that digital and broadcast activity is fully integrated into the programme into the long term.
In addition, the post-holder will develop and manage Wysing’s social media platforms, generating content, documenting activity, and representing the organisation in the digital sphere.
Wysing Arts Centre is a thriving cultural campus of ten buildings across an 11 acre rural site in south Cambridgeshire which hosts experimental residencies for UK and international artists, and delivers a critically acclaimed public programme of gallery exhibitions and events including conferences, symposia, workshops and music events.
The role is advertised at 37.5 hours a week (full time) and is based at Wysing’s Bourn site.
- Working closely with the programme team, develop initiatives that take aspects of Wysing’s onsite activity to online audiences.
- Generate ideas for audience development and engagement across key online platforms.
- Develop and manage the distribution of Wysing content across digital platforms.
- Generate digital assets including short, videos, images, gifs, etc.
- Manage, edit and update Wysing’s website, ensuring a coherent message and that copy, imagery and tone is appropriate.
- Research and stay up to date with best practice across digital platforms to ensure that all online activity is optimised and distributed in a manner that reflects this.
- Represent Wysing in the digital sphere, always keeping in mind the tone of voice and reputation of the organisation with a high standard of written English.
- Contribute to the development of Wysing’s digital strategy.
- Work with colleagues to develop digital commissions and projects as appropriate.
- Contribute to funding applications and provide reports for funders.
- Generate regular reports on performance across platforms.
- Develop opportunities for digital partnerships, platforms, and other means of expanding Wysing’s activity online.
- Carry out other tasks reasonably requested, in accordance with the post holder’s skills and qualifications.
- Work in accordance with Wysing Arts Centre’s Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities Policies at all times.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge and experience of hardware, digital and broadcast technology.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) and an interest in the differences between them and what makes for well-optimised, shareable content on each platform.
- Excellent and demonstrable copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience of using Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut or Premier.
- Knowledge of optimisation on each social network.
- Ability to use a CMS to maintain a website.
- Ability to use, interrogate and present analytics effectively.
- The ability to generate ideas and initiatives and implement them. Evidence of being well-organised, with a hard-working, flexible attitude.
- Evidence of the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a confident manner.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Experience Desirable
- Experience of working directly with artists.
- Experience of building partnerships.
- Experience of using Logic, Ableton and InDesign.
The full recruitment pack can be found here.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 17 November 2019. Interviews will take place on 27 November.
Once you have set up a Submittable account you can return to your application any time up until you submit it. Please allow enough time to approach us with any questions or queries in using the Submittable website. We are not able to accept applications after the deadline.
1. Details of your previous employment and relevant work experience. List each employer and give a short description of your role alongside dates of employment and reason for leaving.
2. What interests you about the post and working at Wysing Arts Centre? Please use this section to articulate why you want to work at Wysing in this role.
3. Information on how your skills, abilities, and experience match the key points in the job description and person specification.
4. Your contact details.
5. Contact details for two referees.
Wysing’s Director, Donna Lynas, is available to have an informal conversation about the position. Please call 01954 718881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not accept CV’s alone and the application procedure must be adhered to in order to be eligible. We are happy to accept applications that have been recorded onto video and uploaded onto Submittable, instead of written applications. If you have any access requirements that you wish to discuss with us before applying, please contact us on 01954 718881.