Position: Digital Producer
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (3 days/week)
Salary: £25,000 per annum pro rata
Reporting to: Director
Wysing Arts Centre is a thriving cultural campus of ten buildings across an 11 acre rural site in south Cambridgeshire which hosts experimental residencies for UK and international artists, and delivers a critically acclaimed public programme of gallery exhibitions and events including conferences, symposia, workshops and music events. The new post of Digital Producer will work within the programme team to develop online content that takes some of the activity taking place at Wysing to wider online audiences. The Digital Producer will also develop online platforms including the organisation’s website, alongside developing online and digital commissions, including working with young artists’ programmes. The post of Digital Producer has been created at a time when Wysing Arts Centre will be celebrating its 30th birthday, in 2019, and for which we will be looking for greater online visibility for our work.
- Working closely with the programme team, develop initiatives that take aspects of Wysing’s onsite activity to online audiences.
- Generate ideas for audience development and engagement across key online platforms.
- Develop and manage the distribution of Wysing content across digital platforms.
- Generate digital assets including short, two-minute videos, images, gifs, etc.
- Research and stay up to date with best practice across digital platforms to ensure that all online activity is optimised and distributed in a manner that reflects this.
- Represent Wysing in the digital sphere, always keeping in mind the tone of voice and reputation of the organisation with a high standard of written English.
- Manage Wysing’s website, ensuring a coherent message and that copy, imagery and tone is appropriate.
- Review Wysing’s current website and make recommendations on how it should be improved and developed.
- Contribute to the development of Wysing’s digital strategy.
- Work with colleagues to develop digital commissions and projects as appropriate.
- Contribute to funding applications and provide reports for funders.
- Generate regular reports on performance across platforms.
- Develop opportunities for digital partnerships, platforms, and other means of expanding Wysing’s activity online.
- Carry out other tasks reasonably requested, in accordance with the post holder’s skills and qualifications.
- Work in accordance with Wysing Arts Centre’s Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities Policies at all times.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) and an interest in the differences between them and what makes for well-optimised, shareable content on each platform.
- Excellent and demonstrable copywriting skills.
- Experience of using Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut or Premier.
- Knowledge of optimisation on each social network.
- Ability to use a CMS to maintain a website.
- Ability to use, interrogate and present analytics effectively.
- The ability to generate ideas and initiatives and implement them. Evidence of being well-organised, with a hard-working, flexible attitude.
- Evidence of the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a confident manner.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Experience Desirable
- Experience of working directly with artists.
- Experience of building partnerships.
- Experience of using Logic, Ableton and InDesign.
The full recruitment pack can be found here.
The deadline for applications is midnight (GMT) Sunday 14 October 2018.
Once you have set up a Submittable account you can return to your application any time up until you submit it. Please allow enough time to approach us with any questions or queries in using the Submittable website. We are not able to accept applications after the deadline.
1. Details of your previous employment and relevant work experience. List each employer and give a short description of your role alongside dates of employment and reason for leaving.
2. What interests you about the post and working at Wysing Arts Centre? Please use this section to articulate why you want to work at Wysing in this role.
3. Information on how your skills, abilities, and experience match the key points in the job description and person specification.
4. Your contact details.
5. Contact details for two referees.
Wysing’s Director, Donna Lynas, is available to have an informal conversation about the position. Please call 01954 718881 or email email@example.com