Position: Head of Development
Salary: £36,500 per annum
Reporting to: Director
· In response to Wysing Business Plan, 2018-22, develop and implement a fundraising strategy that plays to Wysing’s strengths as cultural campus for artists and the visual arts.
· Lead, co-ordinate and manage all income generation activities across the organisation.
· Identify and implement new ways of increasing income through a range of fundraising initiatives.
· Take responsibility for relationships with Trusts and Foundations including research, cultivation, applications, stewardship and reporting, with the support of the Director where appropriate.
· Work in partnership with the Director and Head of Operations to develop and implement a space hire strategy that generates income through site assets.
· Work in partnership with Trustees and the Director to generate individual giving, including through Wysing’s Producers Circle.
· Attend networking/cultivation events and meetings with potential donors.
· Support any capital fundraising campaigns.
· Prepare progress reports and give presentations to the Board of Trustees.
· Working in collaboration with colleagues to develop strategic partnerships for Wysing that create new opportunities for the organisation.
· Realise current, and generate new, alliances and networks locally, nationally and internationally that make better use of resources and reduce costs.
· Ensure fundraising, data and communications are within statutory and voluntary regulations following best practice.
· Work closely with colleagues and Trustees to developing Wysing’s business planning, including identifying how to raise funds and generate income generation for the organisation alongside maximising resources and assets.
· Make a pro-active contribution to Wysng’s Senior Management Team to deliver the Business Plan and agree and manage organisational budgets
· Establish relationships with Trusts and Foundations and work closely with the Director and other staff to submit strategic applications.
· Work with Trustees and others to identify potential donors from their networks and to ensure strong donor stewardship strategies are planned and implemented.
· Seek partnerships and collaborations that both extend the reach of Wysing’s work and reduce costs to the organisation, including by identifying co-commissioning and other programme delivery opportunities.
· Represent the organisation locally, nationally and internationally.
· Manage systems and work with other staff to ensure the smooth running of programmes, including setting milestones and ensuring that all funds are processed appropriately, and evaluation reports are submitted as required.
· Monitor and account for relevant budgetary expenditure and income as and when required.
· Undertake any other duties related to the role as requested by the Director.
· The post-holder will be expected to work in accordance with Wysing Arts Centre’s Equality and Diversity Policy and within the organisation’s Health and Safety Policy.
· A track record of at least five years of successful fundraising including writing successful grant applications.
· Ability to combine strategic thinking with attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information accurately, clearly, and persuasively
· An entrepreneurial approach and the ability to identify new opportunities.
· Ability to network at the highest strategic level, with confidence.
· Ability to plan strategically and to achieve objectives.
· A proven track record in developing and realising partnerships.
· Experience of working with donors and donor stewardship.
· Effective budgetary management and reporting.
· A knowledge of the arts funding environment.
· Organisational and administrative skills including accuracy and attention to detail, prioritising, setting and keeping to deadlines, keeping records and the ability to forward plan
· A broad range of well-established and relevant contacts
· Experience of charity fundraising best practice and legal requirements
· Ability to inspire and establish good working relationships with colleagues.
· Fundraising qualifications and/or evidence of training.
· Experience of capital fundraising.
· Knowledge of digital marketing and fundraising.
The full information pack can be found here.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 4 November 2018.
1. Details of your previous employment and relevant work experience. List each employer and give a short description of your role alongside dates of employment and reason for leaving.
2. What interests you about the post and working at Wysing Arts Centre? Please use this section to articulate why you want to work at Wysing in this role.
3. Information on how your skills, abilities, and experience match the key points in the job description and person specification.
4. Your contact details.
5. Contact details for two referees.
Wysing’s Director, Donna Lynas, is available to have an informal conversation about the position. Please call 01954 718881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not accept CV’s alone and the application procedure must be adhered to in order to be eligible.
If you have any access or other issues that you wish to discuss with us before applying, please contact us on 01954 718881.